GYMTASTIKS OF MOOSE JAW
Our Privacy Commitment
Information We Gather and Use – Collecting your Personal Information
This policy only applies to your personal information that we collect or use in relation to a commercial activity of Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw. At Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw, we ask for your permission when we collect, use or disclose your personal information in the course of a commercial activity. Personal information is that which refers to you specifically and is collected in person, over the telephone or by corresponding with you via mail, facsimile, or over the internet.
When you request a service or membership from us, or participate in an athletic event sanctioned by us and/or Gymnastics Saskatchewan, we, or our affiliates, subsidiaries or related organizations, may, with your consent, collect personal information from you, which may include the following:
- · name
- · mailing address
- · email address
- · telephone number
- · contact numbers
- · date of birth
- · competition results
- · in certain instances, pertinent health information regarding athletes
The following activities are examples of when Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw and/or Gymnastics Saskatchewan may require the collection or use of your personal information:
- · collection of membership, registration or performance/competition fees
- · organization of club activities
- · communicating with you about Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw and Gymnastics Saskatchewan or related association or organization activities
- · compiling member statistics
- · compiling member, athlete or registration lists
- · providing member, athlete or registration lists or member discipline or suspension reports or histories to other sports organizations
- · mailing/emailing member newsletters
- · selling programs for competition, promotional, fundraising or other purposes
- · selling, bartering or leasing of member, donor or fundraising lists to third parties
- · participating in a fundraising or planned giving programs
- · communicating with members and athletes
- · using membership or donor lists for commercial activities of Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw and/or Gymnastics Saskatchewan or its related associations or organization
- · selling advertising in publications of Gymnastics Saskatchewan that contain personal information about the member, a donor or athletes (for example, athlete statistics)
You have a choice whether to provide us with the personal information requested. In our operations, however, your decision to withhold particular details may limit the services, association or membership we are able to provide you. In some cases we may not be able to enter into a relationship with you.
For general inquiries on our organization, you may need to provide limited information such as your name, contact address, email or contact number. This will allow us to contact you with regard to your interest in Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw.
Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw Service
You may need to call Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw to make an inquiry as to your standing as a member or your activities within the organization. In such instances, we will ask you to provide, at minimum, your name and residence.
We may be required to provide certain personal and statistical information regarding athletes for the purposes of competitions or rankings. We may use the personal information you provide to us to:
- · communicate with you
- · provide you with the information you have requested
- · provide statistical information and results for competitions and events
- · advertising or promotional activities
With your consent, we may also send you information about other activities in which we believe you would be interested. We want to assure you that we only use your personal information for the purposes that we have disclosed to you.
Most of the information we retain about you consists of your membership and competition record. We use transactional information to keep track of and report back to you in these areas, if requested.
With Whom We May Share Your Information
Related Associations and Organizations
Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw and its employees and volunteers are all governed by our policies and procedures and those of Gymnastics Saskatchewan to ensure that your information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect. To enable you to benefit from our full range of activities and benefits, we may share information with other Gymnastics Saskatchewan affiliates or related organizations that perform services on our behalf or provide services to you.
Employees and Volunteers
In the course of daily operations, access to private, sensitive and confidential information is restricted to authorized employees or volunteers who have a legitimate purpose and reason for accessing it. For example, when you call or e-mail us, our designated employees will access your information to verify that you are the member and to process your requests.
As a condition of their employment or volunteer activities, all of our employees and volunteers are required to abide by the privacy standards we have established. We educate our employees, agents and volunteers about the responsibilities of handling personal information. Unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of member information by an employee or volunteer of Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw is strictly prohibited. All employees and volunteers are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information at all times and failing to do so could result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal or termination of volunteer activities.
Outside Service Suppliers
We may sometimes contract outside organizations to perform specialized services, such as processing data, applying payments or facilitating mail-outs. Our service suppliers may at times process or handle some of the information we receive from you.
When we contract with our suppliers to provide specialized services, they are given only the information necessary to perform those services. Additionally, they are prohibited from storing, analyzing or using that information for purposes other than to carry out the service contracted with us to provide. Our suppliers are bound by contractual obligations designed to protect the privacy and security of your information. As part of our contract agreements, our suppliers and their employees are required to protect your information in a manner consistent with the privacy policies and practices that we have established.
We do share personal information of our members in the following circumstances:
- · When required by law - There are some types of information that we are legally required to disclose. We may also be required to disclose information in authorities. Only the information specifically requested by legitimate authorities will be disclosed
- · When permitted by law - In certain other situations we may be required to disclose personal information, such as when returning a cheque due to insufficient funds or when dealing with a legal matter that concerns your membership or activities within Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw and/or Gymnastics Saskatchewan
- · When disclosure is clearly in your best interests, as determined in the sole discretion of Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw, and consent cannot be obtained in a timely manner
- · Where the information is considered to be in the public domain
- · To collect a debt owed to Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw
- · In cases of emergency
Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw may disclose the following kind of personal information about you:
- · Information we receive from you on your application and other forms you submit to us or communications between us, including by writing, by telephone, by fax or by electronic format. This information includes, for example, your name, your address, and telephone number
- · Information about your dealings and relationship with us and our related associations and organizations. For example, this information includes your membership status and athletic activities
We may also disclose the same kind of personal information described above with respect to our former members.
How We Safeguard Your Information
At Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw, we do our best to protect the privacy of our members. All of our databases are password protected and customer information is given to employees and volunteers only to conduct their jobs or tasks. We will ensure that the security of information held in our possession will be at a level that complies with PIPEDA.
We do not monitor individual use of our website at www.moosejawgymnastics.com. We do however monitor activities on the website to improve its functionality. This information does not contain personal information, beyond what is needed for contact purposes, and is not permanently stored for future use.
Verifying Your Information
At Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw decisions that directly impact you are made based on the information we have about you. Therefore, it is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. As a member, athlete, donor or customer, you have the right to access, verify and amend your personal information held by us.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw will provide a procedure for its members, athletes and non-member customers to view information held by Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw and to report and quickly remedy inaccurate information. There are certain situations where Gymtastiks of Moose Jaw may not provide an individual access to their personal information, including those instances where:
- · the information is prohibitively costly to provide
- · the information contains references to other individuals, including
- · members, donors or non-member customers
- · the information cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial propriety reasons/li>
- · the information is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege
We have appointed a privacy officer to ensure that the requirements of PIPEDA are adhered to.